Thursday, January 12, 2017

Alva Baby cloth diaper AIO review

Alva Baby's new AIO cloth diaper is fantastic! 

Here is what the inside of the diaper looks like. It has a sewn in 3 layer microfiber insert:


It also​ has a front pocket opening where an additional insert may be added for extra absorbency:


It also has double gussets around the legs openings:


We have LOVED this diaper! The quality of this diaper is superior, and it is very cute!


I have 24 month old twins. They are on the small side for their age (22 lbs and 24 lbs). This diaper fits them both great on the medium snap rise setting. During the day, we haven't had to add any extra inserts. We've just been using the diaper like it came, with the sewn in 3 layer microfiber insert. I typically change their diapers every 3 hours and we haven't had any leaks using this diaper. 

At night, I have been adding an extra insert into the pocket for extra absorbency, since they seem wake up in the morning with full diapers. This diaper has been great for night use and hasn't leaked at all for us. 



It was tricky getting the fit right at first, because the Alva Baby pocket diaper has 3 snaps on each wing, but the AIO only has 2. However, by the second day, I figured out how to make it work to fit my babies best, and we haven't had any issues getting the right fit since then. Instead of lining the leg and top snap up evenly like I do on the pocket diapers, I discovered that for the AIO diaper, the waste snap up top needed to be cinched up on the smaller snap setting, while the bottom snap closer to their thighs needed to be on the wider snap setting. I still think I prefer the snaps on the pocket diaper (how it has 3 snaps on each wing instead of 2), but this still works, and the fit is fine.


One of my favorite parts about the diaper is that the pocket (where you add extra inserts) opens in the front! This is awesome for when you are taking the insert out to put it in the washer, because if it is a poopy diaper, you don't have to get your hands messy!


​The design is very cute.There is no need to cover it up with bloomers under dresses, because it is already cute! I also love how trim fitting it is. It goes under pants nicely without looking bulky.


My absolute favorite part about the diaper is the double gussets around the legs. I wish all cloth diapers were made this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment